The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
janelizbeth

lets knit march 09 janey

sorry to be so repetative. have not quite got the hang of the forum yet. i wondered if anyone has the lets knit march as i have just lost it. i am knitting the teenagers short jacket and all i need to do is the neck line has anyone got the instructions for the smallest size please

Hiya Jane

The best thing to do on a forum is espescially if asking a question is to put as much info as you have in the original message and if you remember something put it as a reply instead of starting a new message otherwise we end up with lots of new posts about the same thing.

Can you remember the name or what the pic looked like, I have March's issue in front of me but don't know which pattern you are referring to and I don't want to give you the wrong instructions.

Hi Jane,

Is that the one called Bluebell?

For the neck border 1st size it says:

With RS facing, 7mm circular needle and starting at lower edge of right front knit up 21 sts up right front to start of neck shaping placing marker in last st,

21 st up front slope shaping to top of shoulder, 18 from back, 21 down left front slope shaping, then 21 sts down to lower edge. (102 sts)

Next row (buttonhole row), K to marker, k2tog, yfwd, K to end.

Work in garter st for a further three rows.

Cast off evenly.

Hope this helps!

Isn 't it great when you can help someone like this? I was so grateful when someone had the Havana pattern (which I had missed) and emailed it to me. I now have it on file and have printed a copy off which I have used (and scribbled notes on) twice. Am half way up the right front and it's a pattern that I'm sure I will use over and over again! :)