The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
sharon_dcfc

Happy Monday

Wow Su2ie, your mum sounds like she's planning on staying for longer than a week! Was it your thread that said about her being a lefty and not being able to knit? Well I'm a lefty and I learnt from a righty ( :cheese: ) and all she has to do is sit opposite you and mirror you. If that's too hard, sit yourself in front of a mirror and get her to copy the mirror.

Littlemisselvis, I haven't had any probs with the site yet (touch wood) - it just seems like a huge pink version of the LK site. Was it just today or do you keep getting the same probs every time you login? Might be worth clearing your temporary internet files and cookies and if that doesn't help have a whinge at The Management. ;-)

Yep was me who said about my mum being a lefty. My mum is a bit clothes mad I must admit although she normally gets the bargains. My poor dad had wardrobe space of about 2 foot, my mum 2 double wardrobes in their bedroom, another 2 double wardrobes in one of the spare rooms and a double wardrobe in the smaller spare room plus drawers, plus the wardrobe int their caravan. I think she has given him a bit more space now though :cheese:

I'm going to have to threaten her with my pointy sticks until she learns to knit, or threaten to lock the wardrobe until she complies :lol:

I keep falling foul of the subscription page too, I think its just if you click anywhere on the right hand side next to the bunnies >:-(

Yeah I've just thought it might be that. I'm meant to be working (hehe!) and keep clicking back onto the page from my work system and clicking in the 'dead space' that's full of Beatrix Potter characters. I'm going to definitely not do it and see what happens. Pretty sure it's not due to the temp internet files etc as it's work comp so I clear the history etc every day as I don't want my boss to see how much un work related stuff I do on his time!!

Find the forum a lot slower to react when I click it and just to load things generally. I suppose it's to be expected where it's so much bigger.

Just realised I'm supposed to be at a meeting tonight. Don't think I'm going to make it though as I'm worn out and have to do my nails again! Sounds silly but they're all chipped and look rubbish!! Only got them done last Weds so had better hide from my friend who did them for the rest of the week so she doesn't see that I've got rid of her hard work!!

Does it matter if you're left or right handed when knitting?! Obv this is coming from a righty. My friend at the weekend was amazed when she saw my knitting and asked me "But how do you turn the corner?!"!! Worrying thing was, I had to think about it before I told her!! My ex was left handed but played guitar right handed and was amazing!! He said some things were just easier to learn right handed because there was just more stuff out there for righties. Not right (scuse the pun!) I know but he'd resigned himself to it.

xx

Oh dear, I will watch out for the naughty subs bunnies! :ohh:

Tee-hee, good idea to put your mum at needle point and confiscate her clothing stash until she learns to knit. :cheese: I think sometimes people just get a mental block about not being able to do something. I've got it with crochet, but I've managed a first row of stitches, but after that they keep decreasing even though I add a turning chain, so will have to have another go at it when I can face it! :-S

As for wardrobe space it's the other way round in our house. I have a tiny single wardrobe and some drawers while the OH has a massive triple wardrobe with double height hanging space, shelves, cubby-holes, the lot. It's all mirrored too so he can ponce about in front of it being An Actor. :roll:

Hi Littlemisselvis, it doesn't really matter if you're a lefty or a righty, but some leftys knit left-handed (i.e. the complete opposite to what you'll do). I knit right-handed and play my bass guitar right-handed too. The whole world is set up for rightys so it's just easier to learn stuff that way round if you can. I had to throw in the towel on the old right-handed crochet though, my brain just couldn't cope with holding the hook in the 'wrong' hand! :-S

I'm going to try and learn crochet when I get a spare minute - my dad got me a 'learn to crochet' book at Christmas when all my knitting projects were coming out wrong!! It says if you're a knitter, it's dead easy as you've only got one needle etc but I admit the thought of using only one needle baffles me a bit! I've got a mental block as far as my guitar's concerned! It looks so flippin easy when you see people on the T.V. but in reality, I have small hands and stubby little fingers so I struggle to play my acoustic. OH got me an electric last year (gorgeous black and white Fender he bought off a mate who'd played it twice, with the amp and bag - £60!!!) and whilst it is the sexiest instrument (no pun intended!!) I have ever seen, I can't bear to put the neighbours through my horrendous playing!! Plus I'd have to get rid of the nails I've only recently been able to grow without chewing from my left hand and I'm not sure I can bear it!!