The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
ursula62

Where have all the posts gone from Let’s Knit forum?

I needed some information that was on a post I replied to last week. Tried to get in on LK forum and ended up here.

Somewhat surprised as there was no announcement this was going to happen as far as I remember.

What has happened?

Hi Ursula, the old LK forum and this one have amalgamated so as far as I know everything that was posted up until Friday last week has been cleared off the server. Not sure if this is right, but hopefully one of the moderators will be along soon to clarify.

Michelle xx

Thank you Michelle.

Why didn't they tell us it was going to happen?

I was relatively new on LK, but it felt like home. This place doesn't. And all the posts are bundled in one place, there aren't sections like there used to be on the old forum.

hiya Ursula. You must feel very dis orientated. On this site there are various headings. You need to click onto knitting and crochet where you will find all your old mates from LK Welcome aboard! :)

They did tell us...they said there would be some changes, but on the forum I think, not in the magazine, and not by email. They said that the forum would be down for a week or was it two? Everyone was swapping emails to stay in touch, but there was a delay on the date. Then they said we were just moving to Crafts Beautiful (that is here), and there would be no shutdown. I thought it might take a few people by surprise, the people with busy day jobs might only log on every few weeks or so, and they will all just end up over here.

It is actually alright here though...yes, no sections for different knitting subjects, like there used to be, but they did all used to be in a bit of a pickle anyway. Also it is only old LK'ers and a few others who were already here in the Knitting section, so you are still only talking to the same great bunch. The old forum was totally exposed to the world reading it too, and we had new people joining all the time so it is really just the same.

Oh dear Ursula!

We talked about it on and off on the LK site for a few weeks so sorry if you missed that. Don't worry though, please stay around and speak to us here, we're all gradually appearing here and I'm sure it will soon feel like home. There are also some lovely new people to get to know and they've made us very welcome. The old LK site is still open for things like competitions, patterns and knowhow, just the forum has swapped over :)