The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Crafts Beautiful 1

In need of Knitty Assistance? Get it here!

I am allergic to wool aka animal fibres so anything I knit needs to be made from anything other than real wool.

I haven't done much knitting for a while but my question is actually about felting as I would really love to try this technique. I have seen so many wonderful felted projects but they all state to use wool. Is is possible to make felted projects with any other type of yarn besides animal fibres???

xx

Hiya Emma

Are we allowed to mention makes of yarn on this message board? I see in the rules it says no advertising. The reason I ask is that I had a lot of bother with a particular yarn and mentioned this on the LK forum. I wanted to warn other knitters of the pitfalls.

Hi Pinkbubble,

I've done some felting and all the info I've read on it so far states that it must be animal fibre in order to felt so I'm not sure that you will be able to find an alternative sorry!

Hi Emma,

I've somehow managed to post one new thread twice, once with one photo and once with two. I've no idea how I did it, I didn't mean to do it. Both are called FOs: A scarf and a thingumybob. Thought I'd better confess. Sorry. :red:

Hi anniebabes,

Great question - you are allowed to name makes of yarns on the forum. Naming the product will help other members see how you have made the item and how they could re-create it. If you are then asked where it is from you are allowed to mention it, as long as you are not affiliated with the business :)

Hope this helps :)

Thanks

Emma