The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Crafts Beautiful 1

Welcome Let's Knit Members!

Hi everyone, lovely to read posts from old friends on LK and to meet some new ones here. Thanks for all the warm welcomes, it is a little daunting finding your way around a new forum but your friendliness will no doubt make the transition a lot easier than we expected.

My name is Jennifer, I live in Carlow, Ireland. Married with 2 sons, aged 2 &1/2 and 13 months, stay at home Mum. I thought this would leave me with lots of hobby time but to my amazement I never have a minute to myself until they go to bed and then it's cram time for some craft therapy!!

I'm delighted to be here and looking forward to making some new friends. I live in a relatively remote area, my OH works long hours and his family are an unfriendly bunch, so everyone in CB will hopefully become my distant family and keep me sane!

I finished my current WIP last night and hope to post a piccie tomorrow.

Night all x

Hello all new members from LK! I hope you find your way around soon. It is quite a big forum, but it's relatively easy to work out and there's always someone around to ask for help if you need it.

I'm Nikki and love papercrafts and have just started making jewellery.

Nikkix

Right only just found this thread so thought I'd better fomally introduce myself!

I'm Suzie an LKer, I live in Killarney in Ireland along with my OH and lovely daughter. I have two big sons who decided they didn't want to move over here with us due to studying/work/girlfriends/fiancees. As I've moved to a new country where I know few people its been great to make friends with so many people online.

I love knitting, determined to find the joys of crochet again and I've even dabbled in card making and I'm a bit of a writer too. My "speciality" is not following patterns to the letter, always chosing a different yarn and adding extras as I go along! Its a wonder anything ever works out!

I too have just found this thread, so here goes!!!

I'm katy (i graduated to to katynotsonewknitter on lk, but just easier to keep my log in the same for the time being), I'm 35, married to a fab hubby and we have a wonderful son (who's mug you will see at the bottom) who keeps us entertained.

I started knitting again when i fell pregnant with Warwick, as it stopped me feeling sick and generally kept me calm. I havent stopped since! like su2ie, I enjoy changing patterns a little by using different yarn - and after reading my Elizabeth Zimmerman Almanac I'm tackling a hat for Warwick using only a pattern for decreasing and number of stitches sizewise as a guide - not exactly her true advice, but she's inspired me to get creative!

I have 2 jobs, the above lovely folk to look after, oh and a dog, so am not on the forum as much as i'd like, otherwise i'd never have time to knit!

hope to chat more soon - I certainly like what I see so far

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for the welcome.

Bit daunting moving over from LK i'll admit.

I'm Helen, engaged to Dave (getting married in September), got a little boy, Daniel, who's 19 months. I work on a casual basis at our local theatre both as a technician and box office assistant; i'm also an avon lady.

Got back into knitting earlier on this year but have been papercrafting for about 5 years so I guess i'll have to pop over and have a nosey at some of the other areas. In fact i'm supposed to be making my invites at the mo but I keep knitting instead, at this rate no one will be invited :lol:

Hi All, only me... decided to stick with the same user name! For those of you who dont know me from the old LK forum, Im DarkAngelKnits though most people refer to me as Dark or DarkAngel, Im an avid ADD knitter (finishing anything is a real struggle for me because my attention span does not last that long) but I love knitting for my niece and nephew who are aged 1, and 6 weeks. I also crochet and am a karate nut too! :)