The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Dazzle 10

The Good Morning Thread

Wow, this time I have actually succeeded....so  "If at first  you don't succeed, try, try, tray again"......do you like my hat for a wedding we went to last year?  I love hats.......but these days seems folk use those little fascinators.......mmm...maybe I am old fashioned. Prefer hats.

Oh, dear Mary, sounds like you had a nightmare there. Lovely photo in the end though. I like your hat, I have never had an excuse to buy a hat or fascinator but would err on the side of the hat myself - I love trying them on and the bigger the better. When we went shopping for my Mum's outfit for my wedding, we started with the hat and found a dress to match  - we are both bigger fans of the acessories than dress shopping.

Hi all

Mary , you look lovely in your hat. I was at the hairdresser yesterday to get my cut and colour and took my wedding hat with me to see how all could look. She decided to taper my hair in a bit at the back nd it did look better. The hat will only be on me for the Church service & photos and then it will be whisked off. Luckily I have been able to borrow it and not purchase.

Bobsie, suppose I have been one of those abandoning the site for a while due to busyness. Hope that will change soon. Coming to the time of year too when people are out and about more.

Just wish the weather would improve here. One good day this week and the rest wet and windy.Still not into summer clothes.

Grocery shopping now done for the weekend so back to my wedding invites today and some housework.

Upside for me is that I have now lost stone & half since Christmas and people are starting to notice. Hard work though having to cut out my bread & cheese. Cannot say I feel much better as my fibromyalgia has flared up badly so having to pace myself.

Well time to motor on so have a good weekend and chat soon.

GHxo

Good evening all :)

Just wanted to pop on and say a quick hello, busy as usual this week, been to my NVQ session tonight and hopefully only have a few more pieces of work to do :D It's a very busy and unusual week at work too as the Year 6's are doing their SAT's tests (I work in a primary school) and my son Josh is also doing his, plus Sophia has not been feeling too well, just a runny nose and bit of a cough but she's hardly ever ill so it throws her out of sorts a bit, poor thing :(  Not much crafting done over the last few days but hoping to get some knitting done tomorrow afternoon as I've got nothing on after work and might make another attempt at sewing at the weekend - thinking of trying to make a pot pourri filled heart for my nan as a thank you for the sewing machine :)

Hope everyone's having a good week so far xx