I live & work in France (new to this forum) so lots of the sentiments I use are in French. But here are some I've translated:
- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass; it is about learning to dance in the rain
- Dance as though nobody is watching; love as if you have never been hurt; sing as though nobody is listening; live to make heaven on earth
- Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away (or ...that leave you breathless)
- The world is full of amazing women (men/people) But none of them are quite like you! (Maybe that doesn't translate too well!)
- A friend is someone who knows you well...and who loves you as you are.
- Certain people make the world special just by being there.
- A friend is someone who sings with you when you are at the top of the mountain, and who walks silently at your side when you are in the valleys. (again, difficult to translate)
- Happiness is not a destination: it is a journey which lasts all of our life.
- A good friend is like a four leaved clover: difficult to find and worth keeping hold of.