The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
martingale-2012

Hello Lovely Ladies!

Hello everyone!

I am sorry I haven't been around for a little while. We're in the throes of moving house at the moment - we finally exchanged on the house we offered on last December and we should be moving within the next few weeks so everything is all over the place. Most of my craft stuff has been packed away in boxes as our landlords are selling our house too so we've had to keep it tidy for viewings. It has all been pretty stressful and I can't wait until we finally move in and I can get everything sorted out again.

The bump is growing very nicely - in fact, in two hours time we are off for our 20 week scan and I am going to finally find out if it is a boy or a girl! I am very excited! I feel great except I do get a lot more tired when I play with Ethan than I used to.

Because of the impending arrival of baby in August, I have really been focusing on my studies as I have to get the first draft of my MA dissertation written by baby due date. That means I have been really working hard to  keep up with my coursework so I can get my semester essays in almost immediately and then get started on the dissertation. That means crafting has taken something of a backseat and I have had my head buried in books for most of the past couple of months.

I do hope everyone is OK and I will resurface once this move is done and life is feeling slightly less chaotic!

Love to you all xx

Well Martingale, you certainly have a lot on your plate at the moment.If you have time to read this, good luck with everything and hope by the summer things will have settled well for you and on an even keel with the new baby arriving....will be lovely for you to be settled by autumn...good luck...Mary

I just wanted to add to this, because just two days after I posted, everything went wrong. The bank pulled out of the mortgage leaving us completely stuck - we had exchanged so we had to buy the house (or we would stand to lose an eye-watering amount of money) but we were left with no way to buy it. We have spent time since pulling together every penny we can, borrowing from parents and relatives just to get enough money together to get the house bought. It had been absolutely awful.

As such, we are living out of boxes and we have to be out of our current house by the 15th April. We should hopefully have everything sorted with a view to moving next weekend, but I am so paranoid now, I just can't relax. 

As such, I completely forgot I was supposed to be hosting swaps this month, and I have already apologised to Louise for letting everyone down but while I can't confirm my address yet and I don't want anything to get lost with mail redirects etc. I just don't want to take the risk and host it. Also, I can't get to all of my own craft stuff so my contribution wouldn't be very good.

I hope you can all forgive me and I will definitely host as soon as  (and if!) we are settled. My life feels a bit like the London buses at the moment - just way too many all coming at once...

Oh dear what a muddle for you..Will send good thoughts your way to help you calm. it must be an absolute nightmare...but it will settle believe you me....and only then will you be able to move forward.........take care and good luck..