The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
angel8676

It's nearly the end of the week!

Angel apologies, grovel, grovel, grovel. I have had a rather odd day today. We have had 2 dayas inservice and my headsaid that if we worked through lunch we could leave early. So that's what I did, had a quick cuppa soup and then carried on working (Filing - I hate it). After a while I looked at the clock 2.30pm, Oh! I've worked an extra half hour. Went to get my coat, said goodbye to people, they said goodbye back.Went to the chemist and the bank, walked home as it was a nice day. I arrive home to the kids response "your home early" then looked at the clock 3.00pm! I must've left at 1.30pm. I will give th time back next week but I feel a right numpty, and the fact that everyone said goodbye and let me go!!!!!

As to how to deal with your bully, write down everything that you can remember about today, what he said and how he said it, how it made you feel, don't speak or interact with him unless it is work related and if possible have someone else do it for you. Don't wait until Monday to report this. Speak to someone in seniority tomorrow about his abusive and threatening behavior, make sure that whoever you speak to knows that he was waiting outside the toilets. Do you have a union rep? If so you could contact them as well. Were there any witnesses? Ask if they would write down what they saw and heard in relation to his behaviour towards you. I hope you get it sorted you aare supposed to feel safe and secure in your wok place not threarened and intimidated. I'll send you good thoughts tommorrow.

="sharon_dcfc" date="1265903353"]Just arrived home from work to find a parcel had arrived for me this morning and it's my prize. It's absolutely packed with yarn.

:lol: :-) :-) Yeah

Erm, Angel, hands shaking is a sign of a very serious drinking issue, and it could be why he is doing everything else he is doing. Can you ask around your colleagues, to see if they have noticed other things that could be alcohol? I mean, I think maybe he really should be offered help (not by you, by someone in authority), and I do not mean to say you should have to put up with it, there is no way you should, I just mean that is really heavy drinking.

I hope things start looking up for you soon.

Dreamy, at least they think they can help you in the long run, even if it does hurt more right now.

I hope things pick up soon for everyone else who is in pain too, sorry I cannot keep up with us all today :)

Angel I think RC may have hit the nail on the head. It does sound like he has a drinking problem and that explain although not excuse his behaviour. He obviously needs some sort of help but don't think that excuses his behaviour you should still stand your ground. Keeping a diary is a good idea as well as back up from a colleague or union rep if there is one. In any event hun you have my support as well as everyone else's I'm sure. Don't let him continue to bully you seek help now.

Andrea

Thanks guys. I'll go and make a note of things now. RC he's already been offered help and support and has been allowed to get away with a lot of things because of his personal issues. He boasts about how much he drinks so he clearly doesn't view it as a problem. I've known the guy for years through various jobs we've had (both have been in the same industry but this is the first place we've worked together) and he was exactly the same back then, before he drank a lot. He's done similar things to other people and then does his damndest to blacken their names.

I know heavy drinking can be alcoholism and I know that's an illness, but when his health problems (I'm not sure if it's alcoholism or just binge drinking because it's not a daily occurence and he doesn't always smell of drink) are starting to cause other people health problems, something has to be done. And he plays on them to his advantage as well. This will sound really cold and nasty, and I apologise in advance if anyone is offended by this, but if anyone attempts to pull him up, he pulls the "poor me" card. He took a week off in a huff last time he got spoken to about his behaviour, and he actually told the boss he was going to take time off because of what had been said, essentially to punish the boss and make him (the boss) think about what he'd said to him,

I've got a splitting headache tonight and it's because of the stress he's causing, so it is affecting my health. I'm not scared of him or intimidated by him, not through a lack of him trying, but I'm really angry and I'm absolutely sick fed up of having to do extra work because he's too lazy to do it, having my area of work rubbished as not being as important as his (which is simply not true) and actually having to apologise to people both within and outwith the organisation because he's let them down by not doing important things he's been asked to and promised to do or because he's been so unpleasant to them,

And I can't believe I'm dedicating so much of my own time to this plonker. I shouldn't be wasting my time thinking about him.

I've just re-read that last post and realised it may come across as me taking offence RC. I haven't at all and I'm sorry if that seemed like a stroppy post, I think I'm more stressed out than I'd realised. Really, really sorry if I've offended. I'm more upset about this than I should be and I'm sorry for letting that come through here. I'm going to toddle off to bed and try to get some sleep. I'm sure things will look better in the morning.

xxx