The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
bahrain susie

Longtime no post...

Hi All

Been lurking around here on and off but had little time to photograph and organise the few things I've made over recent weeks. So here to make amends are my most recent pieces.

Seeing them like this I realised they are a bit random in style - do any of you work to a theme or make a collection of pieces? Would love to hear your thoughts on the process or the practicalities!

Anyway hope you like this assortment

S

Hi Susie,

Nice to see you and your gorgeous makes, I think this section of the forum seems generally pretty quiet at the moment, sometimes it's just finding the time isn't it :)

I love the squiggles earrings! And the fish bubbles necklace. . . . and the pink chunks one too :-)

Actually these are all lovely, and very wearable, I'd happily wear any of these pretties

:cheese:

xxx

post-93044-13668170596374_thumb.gif

post-93044-13668170597009_thumb.gif

post-93044-13668170597763_thumb.gif

post-93044-13668170598229_thumb.gif

post-93044-13668170599038_thumb.gif

post-93044-1366817059946_thumb.gif

Thx Helen

I agree its been quiet. Perhaps what is needed is a change of direction with topics that generate discussion eg "how do I...?", "where do I find...?", "here's a bright idea...", or discussions on projects in the latest issue of MJ etc.

If we widen the topics covered rather than focussing mainly on our lovely makes (not a bad thing in itself) perhaps people may have more interest. Posting piccies relies on having the techie and camera skills plus the time to do it and not everyone does.

Also perhaps FB and other sites are taking away interest from the forum? I have visited a few similar forums recently when researching the use of silver clay and 925 stone settings on Google and they too seem very quiet with even fewer posts.

I'm sure we could revive interest if we wanted to but all that depends on us contributing too :-)

S

I think FB is definitely a culprit, most of the people I have met on here I'm now friends with on FB and, as the interaction is more immediate, I tend to keep in touch more on there than here.

I agree more posts that focus on discussions would be helpful, and I see there are now a couple so fingers crossed :) xxx

lovely makes Susie, love the pink one especially.

I agree with you Helen things are quiet. I haven't been on here on the jewellery section for ages as I have

been making cards more at the moment.

I haven't made any jewellery for months as I have so much made up. Nothing is selling at the moment so i'm getting

back into my other interests - cardmaking, knitting and cross stitch.

When I'm making I do tend to make in themes. I will have an afternoon of bracelet making or an evening making necklaces

using semi precious. I find it easier to keep to one theme per making session so I can get out all the stuff I need and not have

to keep getting up.

Hi Susie :)

It's funny you should post today because I was reading my MJ magazine last night an noticed you'd won the Forum Challenge! Congratulations, it's beautiful :)

I tend to work in themes and get materials together in one colour pallet before I start (the fact I have 'ranges' in my etsy shop helps focus my mind too). I find it an efficient way to use up odd beads - 'stragglers' as I call them - too :)