The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

Pleased to meet you!

Oooh this is so good getting to know a bit more about everyone!

Michelle now you've got to know us hope you will enjoy joining in with the madness :cheese: Sounds like you have your hands full with your brood too!

Great idea

I'm Helen and i'm 29. I live in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire with my hubby Dave, 40 (we got married last September but have been together 7 years this last January) and our little boy, Daniel (who's 2 and a half, a week and a bit younger than Giddy's HRM I believe) Dave also has a daughter, Charlotte from a previous marriage, she's 15 and comes to see us most Thursdays. Dave has Fibromyalgia like Buzy.

I used to work in accounts before I left to have Daniel, I now have a casual job working on the Box Office at our local theatre, I am also a casual technician there which I have been for about 10 years, Dave's also a casual tech, it was where we met. I also do Avon and have recently started a new company doing gift baskets. Dave works at the local steelworks and has his own business hiring out audio visual equipment and doing PA for events. Aswell as doing my own accounts I also do Dave's.

I used to make cards, do scrapbooking and make jewellery and have loads of stuff ( :red: ) but found it difficult to find the time when Daniel was born as I need to sit at a table or desk with my stuff out of his way but knitting I can do on the sofa while he's playing :)

I was taught to knit when I was little but didn't really do much then I started again about 6 years ago but stopped after a few months, I started again at the beginning of last year and am really enjoying it.

What a nice idea this has been.

I'm Victoria, a 43-year old probation officer from north Oxfordshire and Wiltshire. OH and I have been together for nearly seven years - we met via internet dating! - and don't live together (yet) hence the double home, which has advantages and disadvantages.

I can't remember a time when I didn't knit and crochet, I could do both before I went to school and am so grateful to my mum and gran for teaching me. I don't do as much as I would like because I work long hours and spend a lot of time travelling. Another time-taker-upper is my training for long-distance triathlon (I am a much better knitter, crocheter and probation officer than I am triathlete!). But anything to do with yarn is a bit of an obsession and my aim is to one day have some sheep and alpacas so I can do the lot from scratch! Ex-hubby hated this passion of mine so it's fantastic that OH is not only supportive but positively encouraging! We are now biding our time untl the right pad comes along for us to move into together so we have enough room for the 18 motorbikes we have between us (4 are mine) as well as the animals I yearn for.

I also do embroidery and patchwork and particularly like making things out of scrap yarn and fabric; I could sit and crochet granny squares until the cows come home and I old clothes always go into the fabric stash. I also love Irish crochet. I'll knit anything from the most complicated lace to a chunky jumper. Like most of the folk on here, if it can be made by hand then I'll like doing it. I never buy greetings cards 'cos I make my own and I love to cook. Throw in a bit of painting and drawing left over from my college days.......

The only thing I can't make is more time :-)

Lovely to "meet" everyone.

Hello I'm Pauline aka squeakiemouse, it's a pet name from my hubby and involves a long walk and gordon the gopher - does anyone remember gordon?

Anyhoo I digress, I am a 43 year old Support for Learning Assistant from Stirlingshire. I have been married to Hubby for 21 years and we have two children - Alex 17 and Kirsty 14. I enjoy various needle crafts, knitting, cross stitch, plastic canvasand have even been known to crochet what might be called a granny square.

I run a knitting club at the primary school, where I work, with help from one of the teachers and my DD. My other new hobby is hulahooping, I just can't figure out how to combine knitting and hooping - the wool keeps geting tangled :lol: