The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Becki

Trying to Update Photo

I wonder if anyone can help? I've been trying to update my profile picture but without any success. I've got a photo ready, which easily complies with the file size requirements, but for some reason it just won't upload. I've been removing my existing photo, then browsing my pc to insert the photo I want. The correct file details are appearing in the "browse" box, and when I click upload, it says it has uploaded successfully. Unfortunately, when I look at my profile picture again, there is the old one, back like a bad penny.

Anyone got any ideas?

hi becki sorry to hear the techie problems.hope you get it sorted.will try to see if i can do anything to help as i had problems too.I have windows xp and have to pretend to send the pic by email.once that window opens it gives you options to resize the pic.usually go for the middle size then click ok and then click on the attachment and save the new size to your computer and then i can usually upload it that way.not sure of vista how that works.hope this is of help to you.if not someone will advise you.hope you get it sorted soon.

Thanks Rosie. I don't think it's that, though, as I've already re-sized the photo and the file is small enough to be accepted. Really odd that the old one keeps appearing back again.. I keep removing it but it's as if it's on elastic!

Hugs,

:lol: elastic

Hi Becki

If you change it, log out and log back in and re-check it, somtimes it even takes a day to sort it's self out.

If you are still stuck with your old image tomorrow pm Danno your image and he should be able to do it for you

hugs, sarah x

Woohoo - it's updated now!!!!! I love this new photo. Alan took it while we were on honeymoon in Cornwall in June last year. I love how chilled I look!

Thanks for all the help, everyone.

Hugs,