The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Crafts Beautiful 2

NEW! Knitty download challenge....massive prize to be won!

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since we set a knitty challenge, so here goes! We have a great selection of free patterns on the CB website and a selection of free patterns on the LK website too - so I thought I'd create a challenge based on these.

Basically to enter, you need to knit up a pattern from here or here

There are pages to choose from on letsknit.co.uk and plenty more on CB, so you're spoilt for choice and inspiration! Because some of you may choose to knit bigger garments, this challenge is going to run for six weeks to give you extra time.

The prize is going to be a massive haul of yarn in a variety of colours and brands, plus knitting needles and other accessories too! So make sure you give it a go, whether you're a very beginner or seasoned pro!

To enter, simply knit up one of the patterns in the LK or CB free patterns sections, take a picture and post it in reply to this thread. Only one entry per member please. The closing date is Monday 21st December, 5.30pm UK time and the winner will be announced in the first week of January.

We'll also be running a shorter challenge at the same time if you feel like whipping up some quick knits, so look out for that one later in the week.

Good luck everyone, can't wait to see what you make!

Kate :)

Nice one Kate.

I had been noticing how few knitting and sewing challenges there are in comparison to jewellery and card making ones.

I will be watching to see what knitters make on this challenge.

Might even be tempted myself!

How many hours are there in one day - not enough I say!

Thanks Kate but I'm not sure I'll be able to do this as I've 14 orders to get done in time for Christmas!! Hope those that do enter have fun & I'll be looking to see what people come up with - sure they'll be lovely :-)

xxxxxxxxxx