The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

wonderful wednesday

I've got to share this with you after yesterday - it's had me howling with laughter every time I've read it. It's an extract from an e-mail I received and we were talking about the views from our office windows. It goes as follows:

"Of course, you have to remember that my view most of the time (given the lack of fenestration in this room…) is usually of a poster of Van Gogh’s ‘La nuit etoilee’ and a print out of a rather quaint Second World War civil defence public information ‘Spot at first sight’ chart found on the internet. It is on how to recognize a parachutist or a German infantryman should one have run into one in the local post office in 1941. I imagine the conversation might go a bit like this:

‘Goodness Vicar, was that a storm trooper I saw popping into Woolworth’s just now?’

‘I’m not sure, Miss XXX, let’s check that poster – no, look at the shape of the helmet: it was a parachutist.’

‘Oh, silly me, thank you for clearing that up, Vicar. Well, until Sunday then’…"

The thought of a storm trooper in Woolies is just too much for me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Ooh sounds like you had a good old giggle there, I can just see the scene! So do you have anything more to look at or do you see the same pictures from your desk K&F?? :-)

Well at the moment I have a bizarre, war-torn picture of Woolworths, a storm trooper (were they from Star Wars?), a little old lady and a vicar in my head. In reality I can just see the roof of the building opposite and a thin line of sky that appears grey no matter what the weather is doing outside. We do work in between as well! :lol: :cheese:

Well it sounds like a party is going on inside your head K&F - best policy when at work as jollies up a dull day :-)

Now you have me thinking of Bridget Jones and the Vicar & Tarts party in one scene and Ms Jones in a bunny outfit!!!!

no what you mean katy.

also about facebook and forums etc. I was meaning that I didn't wnat to get into a "thing"

and still don't.

I have few enough friends without computer fights.

I getcha hun, was just a bit worried you were stressing, is no bother, so long as you're ok xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx