The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Torrential Tuesday

Thanks buffyflump, that link is wonderful! I can see what it means I should do now - yay! :cheese: Will just have to wait for my uber stash of yarn to arrive then Ginge Marmalade will come alive. I'm so excited!!! :cheese:

Thanks for cheering me up guys with all your moving house stories. The place we're going to has a family in it, but the mother is super organised and was talking about taking everything out through the big sitting room window. Apparently it's very easy to take out - I'm just hoping she puts it back when she's finished! :gulp:

I've made a list of house things to do so I'm feeling a bit better about it. No doubt I'll have to resign myself to the longer wait, so may as well get on with that now instead of suffering in denial. I'm also planning a hot bath tonight. I know it sounds mad, but drastic shoulder knots call for drastic measures. Who knows, maybe I'll be so hot in the bath the outside air temperature will feel just right when I get out. :)

The OH is going shopping on the way home so I know we have my favourite for tea tonight. Spag bol, mmmm, could eat it 'til it came out my ears! What's everyone else having?

Can't wait to see your cat K&F - well done Helen on finding the answer!

Well I have some gluten free bread baking so I might just have some yummy sausage sandwiches for tea, nice and simple :-)

Did home made pizza for Ellie and she was going mad for it while it was in the oven. She's nearly polished it off now too :cheese:

Su2, do you do your GF bread in a bread maker? I used to have to avoid gluten and found it quite hard making nice GF bread and pastry etc. Always turned out rather dull and heavy. Mind you, I stayed with a lovely lady in Limerick years ago and she had it down to a t. Is there a secret to it?

Hey K&F the secret is the GF flour over here - just 350g flour, a table spoon oil, 350ml of milk or milk/water, mix together with hand held electric whisk thingy, bake in oven for 35 mins and its luuurrrvllly! It even rises! It is a bit dry the next day though but I just micro it back to life for 20-30 secs :-)