The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Lacocklady

Household Help & Top Tips

That's a really good idea for getting all the fluff out from down behind the sofa cushions, I very often take the head off my vacuum cleaner to do this job, and all of a sudden you hear a loud 'clink', and that's another £1 coin you have to empty the hoover bag for!

Hi everyone, if you've a dvd that's misbehaving due to scratches/dirt, a temporary remedy to get you through the film is to spray it with hairspray and wipe vigorously with a clean soft cloth. Works perfectly. Not a long term solution though, you need to get a proper dvd/cd cleaner!

If you have shoes that are rubbing or need breaking in, slightly water down some hair conditioner and rub it into the inside of your shoe and leave for twenty minutes or so ! - worked on my shoes recently for a wedding, just wish I knew a tip for keeping upright on said shoes !!

Also hair conditioner is great to shave under your arms with, just leave a minute before shaving and they are silky smooth !

Love Deve X

My tip: hairspray removes biro stains. You have to use a lot, and it sometimes goes disconcertingly darker for a minute before the stain eventually goes, but it does work. Put kitchen roll underneath, spray and dab the top.

Cheap Body Spray gets permanent marker off of virtually anything and smells nice too xx