Hoist the sail and raise the anchor to create this nautical pennant
What you need...
- Fabric, cotton, ticking: navy, light blue
- Felt: blue, white
- Bakers twine, grey
- Wooden dowel, 3mm
Cut one navy and one light blue section of ticking, 20cm x 30cm, with the stripes going vertically along the 30cm length. On the wrong sides, mark 10cm against the shorter side and all the way down. Draw from the top corners to the centre line and cut to make triangles.
Draw and cut out an anchor motif from card to use as a stencil, then trim the shape from blue felt. Cut a circle from white felt, leaving enough room for the anchor to have a border. Topstitch the anchor onto the circle, then sew the element to a triangle.
Sew the top edges of the triangles together right sides facing, leaving a 1cm gap at the top of the diagonal side. Stitch down the diagonal side, leaving a 5cm opening for turning. Carry on after the gap and sew up the other side, leaving a 1cm gap at the top.
Turn out and press. Sew a straight line at the top of the flag to create a channel for a dowel, 25cm. Use a small drill to make a hole at each end. Slide the dowel through, then thread twine through the holes to create a hanger.
Projects you may also like...
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA
- Pom-Pom Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Elegant Foiled Card
- Jolly Christmas Snowmen Card
- Decorative Calligraphy Baubles & Gift Boxes
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas