Give cupcakes a Christmas twist by combining fruity flavours with creamy yoghurt
What you need...
- 225g butter, softened
- 225g caster sugar
- 225g self raising flour
- 3 large eggs
- 130g Rachel’s low fat vanilla yogurt
- 70g dried cranberries, chopped
- Orange zest
- Juice of half an orange
- 250g icing sugar
Preheat the oven to 190◦ C/Fan 170◦ C/Gas Mark 5, then place paper cases in a cake tin. Place the margarine, sugar, flour and eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat for two minutes until light and fluffy.
Fold in 100g of yoghurt, dried cranberries, orange zest and juice. Divide the mixture between the cases so that they are half filled and bake for around 15 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Combine icing sugar with 30g of yoghurt and stir until smooth. Decorate each cake with a blob of icing and spread with a palette knife.
Leave the icing to set. The cakes will keep for up to four days in an airtight container.
This recipe has been supplied by Rachel's Organic. To find out more, visit [url=http://www.rachelsorganic.co.uk/]http://www.rachelsorganic.co.uk/[/url]
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA