The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

I dont like Mondays

Afternoon all - thanks for the giggles :lol: :lol: My nastiest knicker moment was when my washing line broke on a very windy day & all my underpinnings ended up tangled around next door's apple tree :red: I had to go & ask the elderly man next door to get them down for me :red: Fortunately they were my best white cotton/lace M&S's!! I found it very hard to look him in the face afterwards :red:

Managed to get my bits in town & have down the embellishments for teapot beanie order - just need to do the liner now. Am feeling sooooooooo tired but need to keep going till bed time. Still not thought of Secret Santa pressy yet - brain still fogged up.

Right off to get a cuppa & browse through some old mags for inspiration.

Chat later. xxxx

Analyse how personal beliefs and value systems may influence own anti-discriminatory practice.

To achieve M3 Write a detailed analysis of how your personal beliefs and value systems may influence your own anti-discriminatory practice. Refer to areas such as disability, ethnicity and cultural differences and how your own background and values may impact on your attitudes to service users and related issues.

Would it be appropriate to discuss areas such as differences in childrearing practice? This is one of the areas I find hardest myself. Good for you for being non-discriminatory though, have you not any personal experiences you draw on from your own life? My grandmother was confined to a wheelchair towards the last 20 odd years of her life as an MS sufferer and my brother has ASD so these shape the attitude I have, have you got something similar to draw on? Sorry thats probably not very helpful I know

Afternoon all, had a lovely time in town with my sister and her babies, my niece has just started colouring so spent the whole afternoon saying to me 'drawing' over and over again so I treated her to a very girly colouring book. Was very well behaved in LYS and only bought one ball of wool to make armwarmers with, but this probably had something to do with the way the charming woman dealt with me in there. I asked if they had got any sidar snowflake chunky to which I got a very abrupt no, honestly you'd have thought I asked her to put her knickers on her head! and then when I asked if they had got any other buttons (they used to have loads some of which were quite funky but they only had a tiny selection out which were all very plain so I thought I may be in the wrong section) well Im suprised the flesh didnt peel right off my face! will not be hurrying back there anytime soon!! Did cheer myself up by buying two balls of DK in a gorgeous teal colour though... might make a cereulean out of it :)

Dark - I made my Cerulean in teal & it's a gorgeous colour to do it in & goes with a lot of other cols too :-) Sounds like you've had a nice afternoon colouring. I love doing it with Freya :-) Your LYS sounds like mine - I have to get my courage up to go in there cos the assistant is so brusque! The stock's not up to much either :-S

Lillie was just so cute she spent all afternoon in her pushchair whilst we were shopping just saying 'drawing' over and over, which got louder in LYS as they sell art materials too. Im gonna have a look at getting her one of those drawing mats where the pen is just filled with water as she cant bare getting mucky! It always makes me laugh but she freaks if she even has crumbs on her fingers and she has to have a fork and spoon to eat so her fingers dont get messy. Im looking forward to doing my cerulean, but have lots of christmas pressies to do before I knit for myself :-S