Brighten up your boudoir and encourage calming thoughts with these beautiful lavender hearts
What you need...
- Fabric: cotton; linen, a variety of purple colours
- Felt, white
- Ribbon, purple, organza
- Thread: sewing; embroidery
- Dried lavender
- Sewing machine and quilting foot
Fold a 13cm square piece of paper in half and draw one side of a heart along the fold. Cut this out to create a stencil and use it to make four hearts from purple cotton or linen.
From scrap fabric, cut two pieces, 4.5cm x 8.5cm, and sew these to two of the fabric hearts at an angle. Next, stitch white felt, 2cm x 7.5cm, on top at an opposite angle.
Attach a quilting foot to your sewing machine and free hand embroider a piece of lavender onto one piece and the word ‘Lavandula’ onto the other. Get the remaining hearts and place them on the fronts,
right sides together.
Position a ribbon in the top, facing inside, then sew up the hearts, leaving a 3cm gap on one side. Turn out and press, then fill the hearts with lavender and stuffing. Use ladder stitch to close up the gap.
Projects you may also like...
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA
- Pom-Pom Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Elegant Foiled Card
- Jolly Christmas Snowmen Card
- Decorative Calligraphy Baubles & Gift Boxes
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Cross-Stitch Christmas Cushion
- Embroidered Felt Christmas Decorations