Shape a flock of birds and position them in a cluster for theatrical effect
What you need...
- Card, coloured, A4
- Punch, hole
Create a bird template and cut out from coloured card for the main section of the body. Make a slit on the top of the back, nearly halfway along. Ensure the cut is at a slight angle away from the bird’s head.
Cut out wings and make a small slit in the middle of them, taking care not to cut all the way through. Slot the wings into the slit on the back of the body.
Gently fold back the wings to give a sense of movement and create a more dimensional effect. When positioning the figure, use the wings to perch the bird up at an angle. If you want to hang them or use them as gift tags, punch a hole in the back and tie with ribbon.
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA