This cool alternative to Christmas pudding certainly has the wow factor!
What you need...
- 200g dried fruit (sultanas, sour cherries, cranberries, blueberries)
- 6 tbsp brandy
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 350ml double cream
- 300g Rachel’s Greek Style Bio Live Natural Yogurt
- 100g Rachel’s Low Fat Vanilla Bio Live Yogurt
- 200g frozen berries
- 200g cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp water
Soak dried fruit and dark brown sugar in brandy and leave overnight. Line a two litre pudding basin with cling film with enough overhang to cover the top of the pudding later.
Whip the cream and yoghurt until soft peaks are formed, ten add in the frozen berries and the soaked fruit before stirring well. Spoon the mixture into the pudding basin and level off the surface. Place the rest of the cling film over the top.
Place the bowl in a freezer overnight. Before serving, remove from the freezer and allow it to thaw for a bit at room temperature. Next, invert the basin onto a serving plate and tip over to release. You may need to use a palette knife around the edges to ease it out.
To make the sauce, place fresh or frozen cranberries and caster sugar in a sauce pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Make a paste with the cornflour and water, then gradually add this to the mixture. Allow to thicken, then remove from the heat. Pour the sauce over the bombe before serving.
This recipe has been supplied by Rachel's Organic. To find out more, visit [url=http://www.rachelsorganic.co.uk/]http://www.rachelsorganic.co.uk/[/url]
Projects you may also like...
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA
- Pom-Pom Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Elegant Foiled Card
- Jolly Christmas Snowmen Card
- Decorative Calligraphy Baubles & Gift Boxes
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Cross-Stitch Christmas Cushion