Easy tiramisu pudding to make ahead. Try this Italian dessert with a new twist of fresh fruity berry layers.
What you need...
- 250g full-fat mascarpone cheese
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 150ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 120ml Riesling white wine
- 400g strawberries
- 150g raspberries
- 18 sponge finger biscuits
- 25g milk or dark chocolate, finely diced
Add the mascarpone cheese and icing sugar to a bowl, then beat lightly with a whisk to soften. Gradually whisk in the cream until smooth, then mix in the vanilla.
Pour the wine into a shallow dish. Reserve six strawberries still with their hulls on and a few raspberries for decoration. Roughly chop or mash the remaining strawberries and crumble the raspberries, then mix together.
Spoon a thin layer of the mascarpone mixture in the base of a 1-litre glass dish. Cover with half the crushed berries. Dip half the sponge finger biscuits, one a time into the wine then arrange on top of the fruit in the dish. Spoon over half the remaining mascarpone mixture then the remaining crushed berries.
Cover with the remaining sponge finger biscuits, dipped in the wine as above, then spread with the remaining mascarpone. Chill for 2 hours or until needed.
When ready to serve, sprinkle the top of the tiramisu with the reserved strawberries, cut in half, the remaining raspberries and diced chocolate.
Recipe taken from seasonalberries.co.uk, find more fun recipes on their website.
Projects you may also like...
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA
- Pom-Pom Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Elegant Foiled Card
- Jolly Christmas Snowmen Card
- Decorative Calligraphy Baubles & Gift Boxes
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Cross-Stitch Christmas Cushion
- Embroidered Felt Christmas Decorations