The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Crafty_Gypsy

products we hate!

I personally don't use peel off stickers for greetings ect, as I prefer to use a rubber stamp or rubons, however I do use them for templates and on acetate!

I don't think I actually have any hates as such...apart from when I get crafters block :lol:

Jx

I've had a few useless punches, a corner rounder that left notches ie. it rounded an area slightly smaller than the corner - if that makes sense, and also an embossing punch that didn't do a good job of either embossing or punching. I've also had some rub-ons that didn't rub on :(

Grrr - rub-ons that don't - I've had a few of those too, and it alwys happens when I have a finished piece, one of those ones that looks great but needs just one more thing...Enter the blimming rub-on. Five minutes of Grrr-ing later and you have half a message rubbed on, half still on the backing and a ruined piece of work...! I don't like bargains that turn out not to be either! I bought some A5 card bags, that don't close once you've put a card in! Too small for the envelope.

Yes Im with emily, Rub on's that just dont rub on, that's so annoying, ive ruined so many project's with half a rub on or an indent so deep in the card..

:lol: :lol: Sorry I am not laughing at you Dee, it's the frustration in your post that I'm chuckling at ;) I too have had my fair share of rubons that are not easy to use, but I now have a cunning plan :)

Instead of using that daft lolly stick that it comes with, try using a good old ball point pen or pencil. I like the pen, you just simply trace/draw over the rubon {not to quickly or you risk going over the enge and mark your project} this is good, because (1) you can easily see which bits you have rubbed, and it really helps to transfer the image.

Give it a try, it works ;)

Having said that, there are some makes of rubon that don't buy!!