The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Naida.Ally

QUESTION OF THE MONTH - Do you knit any of your Christmas gifts?

Last Christmas (there's a song in there somewhere) I knitted toys, scarves and hottie covers as presents. This year I am busy doing the nativity so no time. I did manage to knit my, retro crazy, daughter a Christmas pudding tea cosy though. Oh and doing some Christmas pud baubles which are a present for my tree ! :lol:

No knitting here but I am crocheting more tote bags - some little ones for 3 neices and maybe one for my mum if I dont run out of time......

I find that whether you spend money and buy a gift or spend money by making something - some folk are just not grateful at all in any way. so this will actually be my last year at sending gifts to some people. A thank you costs nothing. Bah hambug :-)

Yes. :-)

Usually it is whatever someone has asked for, or I know they want (step daughter saw me in a new hat and came out with "Oh, that is a lovely hat, weird colour, but it is a good hat", she got one for Christmas that year, in a completely different colour).

I'm knitting, crocheting and sewing something for every family member this year.

I'm also crocheting a sewing needle case for a friend she's asked for it for her mum and a crocheted kindle case for her dad.

I'm also knitting a little bag for a 6year old with a fox face on it as she's mad about foxes.

I'm only making for those who appreciate and I know will love the gift.

Some people love and appreciate handmade while other's do not so it's important to not waste time making for those who are don't and spend more time working on items for people who will adore them and use them.