Find out how you can make delicious raspberry jam with this recipe from Denman College
What you need...
- 1.3kg (3lbs) raspberries
- 1.3kg (3lbs) preserving sugar
Put the fruit into a large pan and simmer gently for about 10-15 minutes until the fruit is tender. Sterilise jam jars in the oven, then plunge the lids into boiled water.
Add the sugar to the pan, stirring until it has dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil rapidly until setting point is reached. You can test this using a wooden spoon - twirl some of the jam around the spoon to cool, and if it forms peaks and doesn't drip too much, your jam is ready.
Pot into the warmed jars and cover whilst hot. The yield for this recipe is 2.2kg (5lbs).
This recipe is part of the Jam Making Day at Denman College. To find out more about their courses, visit [url=http://www.denmancollege.org.uk/]http://www.denmancollege.org.uk/[/url]
Projects you may also like...
- Decorative Calligraphy Baubles & Gift Boxes
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Cross-Stitch Christmas Cushion
- Embroidered Felt Christmas Decorations
- Stencil Heat Embossed Cards
- Easy Christmas Watercolour Illustrations with uni-PIN
- Quilled Filigree Snowflakes
- Festive Pets Die-Cut Card
- Pop-Up Pumpkin Halloween Card