Embrace the Christmas spirit by putting a modern spin on a traditional festive favourite
What you need...
- Embroidery thread, red, white
- Fabric, white/pink circular print, red denim, red lining
- Felt, red
- Iron-on interfacing
- Sewing machine
- CB Xtra December Template & Pattern Pack
Stocking - 1. Enlarge the pattern, found HERE and cut out. Pin it to red denim fabric and trim out two pieces. Press iron-on interfacing onto the back of a white/pink circular print fabric square and a square of felt.
2. Pin the medium-sized heart to the patterned fabric and cut it out, then trim a smaller heart from the felt. Press the felt on top of the patterned material then, in turn, onto the felt base. Decorate the hearts with running stitch using red embroidery thread, and sew a white star in the centre of the motif.
3. Press iron-on interfacing onto the back of white fabric with red dots, then cut out two strips, each 4cm x 5cm. Iron these across the top of each stocking piece. Using the template provided and the same material, snip two heel sections and press in place.
4. Take contrasting thread and machine stitch around the heels and across the patterned fabric. Using red embroidery thread, work three star stitches across the top of the patterned fabric.
5 .With right sides facing, pin the sections together and machine stitch around the stocking . Turn it through to the right way and press a 1cm hem at the open edge. Fold over a length of ribbon and stitch to the inside seam of the stocking.
6. From red lining fabric, cut out two stocking pieces and machine stitch together. Iron a 1cm hem and push the lining inside, pinning it into place. Use neat hemming stitches to sew the lining in position.