Here we share how to make some quick and easy arrows from paper and wooden skewers
What you need...
- Paper, decorative
- Wooden skewers
- Thread, embroidery, co-ordinating
- Scoring tool
- Craft knife (optional)
Cut leaf shapes and triangles from patterned paper in various sizes. From each triangle, trim another triangle into the shortest edge. Score down the middle of each shape. Next, use sharp scissors to create a fringed effect along each long side.
Layer two shapes of varying sizes together, then adhere to the end of a long wooden skewer. We used adhesive dots so we could avoid any unnecessary mess. Take a length of embroidery thread and wrap it around the join, tying in a knot to secure.
Trim smaller, shorter triangles from co-ordinating paper and use these for the arrow points. Stick on with an adhesive dot as before to finish.
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA