Carolyn Letten Shows how to create homemade stitched Mother's Day Cards
What you need...
- Fabric: cotton, striped; turquoise; ﬂoral; yellow, green scraps
- Card blank
- Stamp, tag
- Machine thread
- Buttons, two
- Glitter glue
Take an A5 card, fold in half and trim 1cm from the side. Using glue stick, ﬁx blue stripe fabric to the front, overlapping onto the back by 1cm. Attach the patterned fabric and machine stitch across the join.
Take the pink patchwork ﬂower, place it onto the front of the card, and stick down with glue. Set aside. Using a tag stamp and black ink, print onto yellow fabric, allow to dry, then stick it onto card. Machine or hand-stitch ‘lovely mum’ onto the tag and trim around it leaving a border.
Tuck the tag just under a petal of the ﬂower and secure by stitching around the ﬂower. Stitch green leaves down as shown, adding a green stem. Finally, attach a button and small dots of glitter-glue to highlight.
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA