Make Christmas truly special with these lovely hand stitched decs
What you need...
- Felt: red, white, yellow, green, skin tone
- Embroidery thread: red, white, yellow, green, skin tone
- Ribbon, gingham, 5mm wide
1 Cut two of each shape from felt, except for the angel face and wings (one each). Use three strands of each thread colour to work the details on each decoration, as follows.
2 For the angel, slip stitch the face to the hair, then repeat with the cheeks. Add French knots for the eyes. Slip stitch the bottom of the face to one side of the dress. Slip stitch the heart pieces together and add stuffing before finishing. Slip stitch the hands and arms either side of the heart, then attach the arms to the body front. Back stitch the wings to the other dress piece down the centre.
3 For the tree, slip stitch both stars to both tree shapes. Use non-separated thread to work yellow and red French knots to one tree piece. For the dove, stitch red French knots to the tail on one piece. On the body, add single chain stitches to make little leaves on a vine.
4 To assemble each decoration, lay both pieces on top of each other and blanket stitch around the edge with three strands of matching thread, leaving a gap. Add a ribbon loop into the top as you go, plus extra pieces like legs and wings. Stuff, then slip stitch closed.
Projects you may also like...
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA
- Pom-Pom Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Elegant Foiled Card
- Jolly Christmas Snowmen Card
- Decorative Calligraphy Baubles & Gift Boxes
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Cross-Stitch Christmas Cushion
- Embroidered Felt Christmas Decorations