Bake some eggstra special treats for Easter with Renshaw
What you need...
- 125 grams butter or margarine
- 55 grams caster sugar
- 180 grams plain flour - sieved
- Apricot jam
- 250 grams Renshaw Poppy Red Ready to Roll Icing
- 250 grams Renshaw Yellow Ready to Roll Icing
- 250 grams Renshaw Atlantic Blue Ready to Roll Icing
- 250 grams Renshaw Lime Green Ready to Roll Icing
- 250 grams Renshaw Pink Ready to Roll Icing
Bake some eggstra special treats for Easter with Renshaw - Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5. Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth then gradually stir in the flour to form a smooth paste. Wrap the shortbread in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.Roll out the shortbread on a work surface lightly dusted with flour. Using an oval shaped cutter, cut ovals out of the mixture and place on a baking tray. Gently push a long lollipop stick through the centre of each oval biscuit.
Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until pale-golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes.Cover each shortbread biscuit with a thin layer of apricot jam. Knead each of the Renshaw Poppy Red, Yellow, Atlantic Blue, Lime Green and Pink Ready to Roll Icings until pliable before rolling out individually. Lightly dust your work surface with icing sugar and roll each icing out to desired thickness.
Use an oval cutter to cut out oval shapes in the various coloured icings, and place a different colour icing oval on top of the biscuit. Mark shapes in the icing to create Easter egg patterns. To create a multi-coloured egg, you can either roll different strips of icing out next to each other, then use the cutter over a section where all the colours meet, or you can cut individual shapes out and place these together on the egg.
To see this recipe on Renshaw's website: https://www.renshawbaking.com/gb/recipes/easter-egg-biscuit-pops
Projects you may also like...
- Rhinestone Bag and Card Gift Set
- Cute Felt Easter Makes
- Fun Mother’s Day Papercraft Projects
- Project Ideas For Your March Papers
- Easy Die-Cut Easter Projects
- Three Bonus Cards With Your Spring Days Stamp Set: Part Two
- Three Bonus Cards With Your Spring Days Stamp Set: Part One
- Easy Animal Card
- Kumiko Beaded Tiara