Bake biscuits for spring with Renshaw
What you need...
- 125 grams butter or margarine
- 55 grams caster sugar
- 180 grams plain flour - sieved
- Apricot jam
- 250 grams Renshaw Yellow Ready to Roll Icing
- 250 grams Renshaw Tiger Orange Ready to Roll Icing
Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5. Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth then gradually stir in the flour to form a smooth paste. Wrap the shortbread in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. Roll out the shortbread on a work surface lightly dusted with flour.
Using a star-shaped cutter, cut star shapes out of the mixture and place on a baking tray. Gently push a long lollipop stick through the centre of each star-shaped biscuit. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until pale-golden brown.Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes.
Cover each shortbread biscuit with a thin layer of apricot jam. Knead the Renshaw Yellow and Tiger Orange Ready to Roll Icings until pliable before using. Lightly dust your work surface with icing sugar and roll the yellow icing out to desired thickness.
Use a star cutter to cut out star shapes in the yellow coloured icing, and place the cut out shape on top of the prepared biscuit. Use the back of a knife to make indentations on each petal.
Take a small piece of the tiger orange icing and model to form a trumpet shape. It is best to start by forming a ball of the icing, then flattening one side. Roll gently between two fingers to help form into a cone then on into the trumpet shape. Use a simple modelling tool to mark a hollow to the inside of the trumpet.
Attach the trumpet shape to the yellow petals using a little cooled boiled water.
Set aside to dry before standing the finished biscuit pop upright.
To see this recipe on Renshaw's website https://www.renshawbaking.com/gb/recipes/daffodil-biscuit-pops
Projects you may also like...
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA
- Pom-Pom Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Elegant Foiled Card
- Jolly Christmas Snowmen Card
- Decorative Calligraphy Baubles & Gift Boxes
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas