Form jewel coloured bowls with Jill Albas' easy-to-follow how-to
What you need...
- Colour melt crystals in various colours
- Embossing foil
- Baking tray
- Aluminium baking foil
- Ballpoint pen
- Ovenproof egg cup
Use a ball point pen to outline a 15cm circle on a sheet of embossing foil. Place onto a baking tray covered with aluminium foil and sprinkle the circle with crystals. If required, a contrast colour can be sprinkled around the edge. Place in a pre-heated oven at 180c and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the crystals have melted to a smooth surface, then remove and leave to cool.
Cover an upturned egg cup with foil, keeping it as smooth as possible. Place the cooled crystal disc on top of the egg cup and make sure it is centred. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes or until the crystals have melted and draped themselves around the egg cup. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Projects you may also like...
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA
- Pom-Pom Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Elegant Foiled Card
- Jolly Christmas Snowmen Card
- Decorative Calligraphy Baubles & Gift Boxes
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Cross-Stitch Christmas Cushion
- Embroidered Felt Christmas Decorations