Bid farewell to tacky crackers and design your own stylish creations
What you need...
- Crackers, make your own pack, assorted metallic
- Paper, My Mind’s Eye, lush: turquoise, fuchsia, flock
- Card: doodlebug daisy, pink, purple, turquoise, white plain
- Felt: pink, purple, red, turquoise
- Ribbon, 9mm, red, pink, 1m
- Glue, PVA
- Tape, double-sided, foam
- Scissors, zigzag, normal
- Knife, craft
- Transfers, alphabet
Use a craft knife to cut two panels of patterned paper, 6.5cm x 18.5cm, for the cracker ends. Cut a co-ordinating piece, 10.5cm x 18.5cm, to decorate the middle section. Use double-sided tape to attach the papers to the flat cracker. Add narrow strips of velvet ribbon or felt to the edges, as shown.
To make the cracker topper, cut a circle from patterned paper, 6cm in diameter, using zigzag scissors. Trim two smaller concentric circles, one from felt and one from white card. Cut a small Christmas tree shape from coloured paper. Assemble and glue all the pieces together.
Glue the snap in the middle of the cracker on the reverse. Roll the cracker into a cylinder and secure the three sections with double-sided tape. Tie up one end of the cracker with the silver ribbon provided in the pack. Add a hat, joke and small gift. Tie the open end up with silver ribbon. To finish, attach the cracker topper.
Projects you may also like...
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA
- Pom-Pom Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Elegant Foiled Card
- Jolly Christmas Snowmen Card
- Decorative Calligraphy Baubles & Gift Boxes
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Cross-Stitch Christmas Cushion