The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
ldh91

Help Needed

I currently own the Epson xp-202 printer so far ive found it ok for general invitation use. However i am needing to print onto a 5x7 card the only way this wil fit into my printer is landscape way up. (imagine it not folded)

i set my layout in micro soft word to landscape and put all information on the document the way i want it to print thinking once printed it will be the correct way and all will be good. Wrong!!!😩😩

so i print out and it just prints out portrait way right across the whole card 😩

Can anyone help!? How can i get my document to print off correctly onto my 5x7 card that will only fot into my printer landscape way up

Hi and welcome to the forum.  It sounds like you have the actual document set right, but I think you need to go a step further into the print setup when you print it.  Don't use the Quick Print setting. When you open the Print menu you should see a button called Properties, which controls how the printer will deal with the print job.  It's going to look different for every printer, but you should be able to find a setting for Orientation.  Change this to Landscape and it should be ok, but just in case and to save wasting paper, always do Print Preview before you actually print it and you'll see exactly what you're going to get.  You may need to make a few tweaks to get it just right.

Hope this helps!

Thankyou ill give that a try. Ive just recently started up doing invitations and wedding stationary this is my first hurdle. Im sure many more to come.

I don’t suppose You know of any good printers out there that can do everything ie print on card, both side printing, photo prints and most of all accept different sized paper?

Any information would be more than appreciated!

Hmm, not sure!  Might be worth looking on the support section of the Epson website, they should be able to advise what to do?

I've got a Canon that will do all of the above - I've had it a few years now so it's not a current model (it's an MG5200 series) but they're good little printers and I like the fact that they have separate inks so if one runs out you don't have to replace the lot!  I get compatible inks from Stinkyink for just over £8 the set.