The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Aisles

What do you use for paper/card cutting?

And what is your favourit.

I use scissors, a guilotine, and a rotary cutter.

Of course I keep them all in a different box to ones I use on my sewing my materials.

I like  different ones for different jobs and I also have a few paper punches.

What do ours use?

Hi - Mostly I use my craft knife (Woodware) but when there's a big enough space on my desk ( a rare occurrence), I use my Woodware cutter. I've got loads of scissors, but the most useful are a very small pair I use for fiddly cutting (very cheap from Staples) I also use a variety of fancy edged scissors. They seem to have gone out of fashion a bit, but I like them - great for making pretty strips when you're in a hurry and haven't got any suitable ribbon.

bc x

My grandson is getting married on 2nd April in Las Vegas...Oh, how I wish his intended had realized I am into paper crafting and cards...she had spent hours making cards for the reception tables with small punches blue and white card....I had similar cut outs with my die cuts and diamante and other embellishments that she would have been welcome to use and save time....and loads of double sided tape which would have saved her time...however, I saw photographs of her achievements and she has done a lovely job anyway, but as she obviously enjoyed making them shall have to get her on one side when their life settles down and introduce her to crafting MY way..if she has time that is...lovely to see young people becoming interested, with new ideas to my own....

Scissors, craft knife, X-cut guillotine.

i have a variety of slidy paper cutters, but keep coming back to my x-cut.

Never used my rotary cutter - it's planked safely in my fabric & patchwork basket.