The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
supersam16

Big Shot question

Hi, Ive just got a Big Shot and loving it already|! Just one question - when using a die with several images, ie the heart one, can you just cut one heart out? I mean by just putting card over the one heart and not the others, will this damage it by leaving the other hearts uncovered?

Sam x

I have done that before just cut one image out the only thing i will warn you is it does seem to mark the cutting plates a bit more but doesnt seem to damage them. Hope that helps. I got my big shot a few weeks ago and im loving all the things you can do with it

Yes I do the same, and sometimes when I cut all of them I use inks to change the colour of the other one iykwim. Either using distress inks or even chalk pads.

I also saw this video recently - where she clever covered up the one sh didn't want:

Thanks for that everyone. One more question - ive been looking at various dies and wonder how you use the type wit, say, a person in clothing. How do you get the hair, clothes etc a different colour?

Sorry for daft questions but Im new to this die cutting business lol

Sam x

You just need to cut them in by putting different colour paper/card with the die. You can colour card up with ink pads, or another thing would be to do a batch of people and cut them several colours and swap them all around. I do find on dies where there are lots of bits I don't always use the bits cut as the colours are never right.

You can turn the die upside down and just cover the bit that you want to cut as well.