The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Knit'n'stitchSue

Another bag and more .....

I had a hairdresser take 18 inches off my hair as she thought I should have shorter hair because of my age and I took her to court and was compensated and now she has no business. I could sit on my hair and when she finished it was just past my shoulders.

Glad you like it Jan and welcome to the forum :-)

I'm currently working on a new design - a clutch bag done with 8 strands of yarn on 20mm needles!

Ooh a clutch bag.. Getting excited about this one ....

Hi Sue,, i am quite new to the forum and not very adventurous, but i want to try and knit your lovely bag.

My question is , the bag looks like it is knitted with chunky wool but you give the wools used as 3ply, 4ply, and some dk.are the needles the thin 10mm and 12mm that are used for dk, and if so how does the end result look "chunky"?

Sorry if i sound thick, but i couldnt make it out, i really love the bag and would be so pleased with myself if i did one , as well as using up some stash.

thanks sue knittynana (pat)

Hi Pat (knittynana)

Glad you like the bag. They are great fun to make ...... as well as being good stash-busters! :-)

Like Goose says, the needles are quite thick, about the width of your little finger. I also use some thicker 15mm and 20mm :bug:

The thicker the needles, the more strands of yarn you can knit together.

I was inspired to start this kind of knitting by Rachel John. You can see some of her work here, here and here.

You can use any combination of yarns you like, baby, fancy, novelty, DK, super chunky ...... just let your imagination run wild :lol:

Each bag will be unique!

Have fun and don't forget to put a picture on the Xtreme knitting parade thread when you're done :-)