The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Giddyknits

Real Life or Serious stuff - post here please xx

mini moan from me.

its a couple of weeks to my birthday and i've been trying to make a list for DH so he can choose some things so its a semi surprise. That got me thinking about the date............................ then I realised its 8 months today since my dad died. and its absolutely floored me. We've already eaten tea but we're having a take in as i'm suddenly hungry and need comfort food right now. stupid huh.

I feel a bit like on the one hand i want to be treated like a princess and spoilt rotten on my b'day, and on the other hand that i just want to let it pass with no reference to it whatsoever.

I was really on an up today too, but have swung very very low tonight.

:-(

xxxxxxxxxx

There are lots of different sorts of migraines, and different symptoms to them, so a solution one person has found will not necessarily work for someone else.

Suzie...maybe just hope you get through until menopause does the hormone cure for you? Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest you could easily cure the hormones there.

Giddy ((((hugs)))) there will be many many days like this. But your Dad would WANT you to celebrate your birthday, it's a very special day, I'm sure the day you were born he celebrated the birth of such a gorgeous daughter xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Giddy ((((hugs)))) there will be many many days like this. But your Dad would WANT you to celebrate your birthday, it's a very special day, I'm sure the day you were born he celebrated the birth of such a gorgeous daughter xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh dreamy thats opened the floodgate, but thank you xxxx

i'm just so cross with myself cos i've been ok for a good couple of months now, and i've just tripped up back into a pool of sad again.

i will celebrate, as you're right, i know he would want me to celebrate (incidentally, he waltzed my nan round the back garden the day i was born - oh the days when dads werent involved in the birth eh - i'd pay money to see what vision)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

its nearly 3 years since i lost dad, it made my depression hit all time low and i had a breakdown but now i can laugh about things dad did, like one year dad despite his rheumatics got on the slide at the pub with his granddaughter. it makes me smile now and i hope one day you will laugh about things your dad did too. losing a parent is something you dont know what its like until it happens. i have bad days and good days but now i have applied to help at the hospice where dad died. they were so good i want to repay them and now i feel strong enough. celebrate its what your dad would have wanted i am sure he will be looking down and smiling at you.