The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Giddyknits

Real Life or Serious stuff - post here please xx

hospices are wonderful places now my depression is a bit more controlled and my grief has subsided i am volunteering to work at the hospice. depression wise ok saw my doctor today now he says i have to get my eating probs sorted and eat a bit better might help me lose weight too no more binging and starving

I think this is an excellent idea as well.

Buzy: really thinking of you at the mo xxxxx

Laura: glad things are slowly looking up for you. Going to see the doctor is definatly a good step too, I hope things continue to get better for you xxx

Laura I didn't realise you were trying to overcome depression or that you had been bereaved ((((hug)))) well you've a great bunch of mates here to listen to your woes whenever you feel like venting....personally I'd be lost without them. Hope you continue to come out the right side of all that has happened xxx

thanks hun yes i do suffer depression have done most my life plus epilepsy so bit cronky all round lol!! after mum died 14 years ago dad and i got very close i spent a lot of time with him and did a lot for him, i think what hit me most was not only losing dad but the family home having to be sold i have never ever lost that feeling of not belonging since. as i say my marriage is not that happy but due to things we just soldier on. what makes it worse is my husbands son is married to my daughter if you can follow that! what made it harder when we split up for a while was seeing my granddaughter and daughter. alan my OH could not cope with my grief so left me i was devestated got in with bad people who injured me one night so i ended up in hospital and got me drinking heavily whereas since i was younger i stopped drinking as i had a few problems. this was all such a lot to cope with one night i tried to take my own life and when i came round after i left hospital alan asked me to come back. at times i am so unhappy being with him and he with me we often think of leaving but deep down we have feelings just abuse and pain since i was 2 years old has made it hard to be in a relationship. i have come a long way no drinking no self harming as i said just need to sort this eating out its a major thread on its own and i just wish i could solve the probs i have with eating sorry to go on xx

Hey Laura don't apologise! It sounds like you've had a hard time for quite a number of years and that you are slowly sorting out your life so good on you I say :) I sometimes wonder if perfect relationships are out there. I don't always get on great with my OH but it sort of works and at least he doesn't have affairs like my ex so that's a positive for me. Anyway I think if you can get stuff off your chest to "virtual" friends it really helps so anything ever bothering you, you can always call on us to be a good ear to listen to you xxx

Well I've put on today's daily thread that everything is looking good with little bubs although I was out rather a long time. Thanks for all the well wishes too xxxx

My God girl, go on as you wish, if it makes you feel better. I'm sorry that you have had such a raw deal, I feel it's very unfair that some people have to carry so much pain and sadness in their lives. It's all a bit unfairly divided isn't it?

Despite everything you and Alan obviously care about each other deep down and that must be of some comfort?

I wish I could help........

I know eating is a crutch sometimes but hey if it gets you through the day? Still I know where your doctor is coming from as if you did conquer that evil and lose the weight your self-esteem would undoubtedly fly through the roof and you would feel so much better.....one day at a time as the song goes?!

Well I think you are doing great, and I think you're a lovely person who I am glad to have met, even if it is only 'virtually'. Hopefully some day it will be for real xxxxxx Jennifer