The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Frangipane

Isn't Life Strange?...

Well, this morning I noticed that our neighbour wasn't talking to me and seemed annoyed, so I asked her if something was wrong. She shouted at me that she was angry that I had chased her cat yesterday...I thought, was on earth are you talking about, you barmy woman? Then it dawned on me...

Yesterday there was a boy about 12 bothering our cat, chasing him in the field and terrifying him and about to kick him when my partner and I shouted at him to stop. I stormed outside and leapt over the wall, swearing in rage, and rescued my poor cat. His eyes were popping out of his head and his little heart was beating so fast that I just cuddled him in and took him straight home. The boy ran off...but what annoyed me was that his father was there too and did nothing to stop him or tell him off. He bid a very hasty retreat too.

Well, our neighbour's cat was in our garden at the time and I frightened him by shouting and storming out of the garden and he ran away. Our neighbour only saw that and thought I was shouting at him, so just goes to show how people see and hear different things concerning the same incident. She was ok when I explained, so things are fine again. Just a misunderstanding.

Really appreciate now how difficult it must be for the police when a crime is committed. Now I know how they get different reports of what happened that just don't match up.

O Debbie your poor cat, hope he's ok now, and over his fright! That is awful how that boy and his dad were!

Pleased everything is ok now with you and your neighbour, it is funny how people jump to conclusions at times.

oh debbie no wonder you stormed out and swore.reckon i would have done the same myself!!! what a wicked thing to do going to kick the poor defenceless animal.just shows what like his parents are like when he wasnt given a telling off or anything.good job you told your neighbour what really happened.yes i can see it makes the job of police that bit more difficult and how it can take time before they gather the facts.

I was so angry I was shaking. My cat wouldn't go out again and clung to me, but he's been out today. No sign of that boy - it's the same boy who kicks other children and dry sledges down the grass verge into them on purpose. He's trouble.

Know a few people who are in the police force or have relatives who are. It dawned on me later how hard it must be to get the right facts from people. My partner and I saw the boy from upstairs as we were both in the bedroom, but our neighbour was home alone in the kitchen and ran through after hearing the shouts (but wasn't sure what we had said exactly) and saw me running and heard me swear, and, saw her cat running away, who was near to our door...he was ok later though. I wasn't aware of anything other than a blur but it didn't register that it was a cat...