The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
sparkle263

Quick Query

I was wondering what ink is best to use to stamp images with if I wanted to colour it in afterwards with my pro markers?

I tried some stamping the other night but every time I started to colour in the ink bled even though I waited for it to dry.

Thanks

Hi Diane

Memento ink is the best to use it does not bleed, Ive used stazon and that does bleed, but it really also depends on the thickness of the paper too, I used a digi stamp on paper and got too much bleed I just learn to not colour up to the lines so much.

Memento Ink is about £1 cheaper than stazon so it's not to bad, however I love the smell of Stazon LOL :-)

If you don't have memento, you can heat emboss your image and then use your promarkers. You need a Versamark pad or a pigment ink pad, embossing powder (clear or black depending on what ink pad you use), and of course a heat gun.

I've seen some cards done this way and they look stunning.

x

I have used the following for my stamped images for a looooooooooong time and none of them have bled with me:

1) Brilliance Dew Drop (Graphite Black)

2) Versa Color (82 Black)

3) Versafine (Onyx Black) THIS IS WHAT I USE JUST NOW and LOVE IT!

Have been told Memento is best but, I'm rather happy with what I use and the little dew drops (cats eye) square boxes I fnd are brillinat as are not expensive.

Hope you manage to purchase a cople soon so you can get stamping loads x

Hi there

I use a momento inkpad which is made by the same company as staz-on ( i think) they look quite simialr but it's a white box instead. You can get a few colours in them, including black, brown and grey. You can get them on a lot of websites especially where they sell promarkers, and are available in both the large pad and the dewdrop size pad.

Also if you can't get one of these or don't want to buy another ink pad, i think you can use any archival ink pad as long as it's dye based.

Hope this helps, enjoy your crafting

Nicola