The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Aims

Sirdar snuggly snowflake chunky baby cardi

Phew this little blighter is the bain of my life, sorry one of my WIP's at the moment he he...this stuff is not much fun to knit with, too fluffly for my liking but it is very soft and quite cute so I am powering through!

I am knitting it for my OH's cousin's baby, she will be about 2 months old by the time we get to see her as we live about 400 miles apart! It is working up nicely but it annoys me that I cannot tell if I have just done a knit row or a pearl row as its so darn fluffy so I have to write down the row I ended on if I need to put it down, even for a minute he he

This is the back and I am about to cast on the front now!

Thanks for looking

Aims x

It looks lovely and snuggly but I've heard similar tales of how difficult it is to work with! I now have some in my stash thanks to my MOTM prize but definitely think I will stick to knitting something small with it :)

Well done for sticking with it :-)

I have some of that yarn, got a baby blanket in it, which has been sitting around for months just waiting for it's last three rows. It is not the easiest yarn to work with, I gave up trying make it work on my bamboo needles, plastic ones worked out much easier.

It's going to be nice and cosy when you are done anyway, Aims.

It is a nice yarn but it does stress me out a little, I am working on size 4.5mm and 5.5mm Karryn and its driving me batty! he he

Its a 0-6 months size baby cardi so I think its the smallest wearable thing I could knit with it he he but I have to stick with it as it will be lovely when it is finished :)

RC I found that it stuck really badly on plastic needles and had to switch to bamboo...how strange? he he

Still havn't summoned the courage to start the front yet he he, I may do it after tea, or I may not :) The problem is I really want to finish it but I am just not enjoying knitting with it...nevermind it has to be made for easter!

Aims x

I cannot tell if I have just done a knit row or a pearl row as its so darn fluffy so I have to write down the row I ended on if I need to put it down, even for a minute he he

Aims x

My stocking stitch(one row knit/one row purl) tip for you - When you come to start a new row the wool will always hang the correct side ready for you to knit(back) or purl(front).

So basically that means If you hold the knitting in your left hand as you would if you were about to knit, look at where the wool hangs. If it is at the front of the needle, you are ready to do a purl row. If it is at the back you are up to a knit row.

I hope that helps out especially with the fluffy wool

Karryn

xx