The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Tuggybear

A Very Sad Goodbye to One of Our Horses.

bringing a tear to my eyes hearing your fond memories of your beloved horse.reminded of a quote from a fridge magnet about animals leaving paw prints ,hoof prints in your hearts.charlie was well loved and loved back.sorry sending a hug your way x

awww June, how touching Charlie's story is. I am so happy that he had a peaceful and loving time at Foll's field before his final journey to Rainbow Bridge. He sounds as though he was quite the character and I know you will miss him very much. Lots of {{{hugs}}} for you. xx

As former horse owner I know all to well how you must be feeling. I had to wave farewell not only to my own horse, but also to many I helped look after. This is a moment I never got used to. And yes, my thoughts are still wandering back to the horses we lost - especially, of course, to my own horse that was my pal and 'partner in crime' for so many years but made his way to Rainbow Bridge years too early following a nasty virus infection.The memories will always stay with us.

Sending you big, big hugs.

Thanks everyone. Charlie earned his own very special place in our hearts and certainly will never be forgotten. It seems really strange at the moment as at feed times Charlie always took at least an hour to eat his tea, often longer, he liked to savour every mouthful and do the required number of chews, Bless him. Today I didn't have to wait for him and I felt like I'd finished too early.

It's always hard to lose a dear animal friend and with having so many horses we have to be aware of the fact that they need to grieve for their lost friend too. The herd is very quiet today and his pair bond, Guinness looks so sad but animals seem to cope with loss better than us and I'm sure that in a few days they will have accepted that Charlie is gone.

We have some lovely memories and photographs of our beloved boy and I intend to make a memorial garden area near the shelters where we can put a plaque in memory of him and also in memory of my darling Tug and Bimbo a little pony who was with us for only a few short weeks but who touched our hearts in so many ways.

I am working on a new website for the centre at the moment, which hopefully will be going live in the summer and I will be posting Charlie's Story on there along with Tug's and Bimbo's and off course all our other horses and ponies too. There will be plenty of photos of our wonderful neds on there along with an online shop so that we can raise funds to make sure our horses, most of whom have been neglected at some point in their lives, never have to leave our care.