The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

I dont like Mondays

dark angel knits-

i have a fair few to draw upon as aparently i came from a disadvantaged background, acording to the goverment statistics which means i was part of the cycle of disadvantage

i used a fair few things to draw upon, but most the answers i came up with i just said i can relate to service users due to the disadvantaged people are the ones who generally need more help in health care, so this can make me more approachable etc etc but in these lower income areas the healthcare professionals are over burdened due to demand and may not be able to get the care and help they need or deserve.

think will leave it a couple days and come back ro it fresh

but thanks for the help offered :-)

It's not that I have trouble sleeping, well.. when I am at home I don't.. I have tinnitus and when I'm here the room is dead silent and all I can hear is a high pitched hum or ringing noise. And I just can't sleep through it. Ipod does either volume too quiet, or volume too loud, but not volume just right :-/

:wow: not just me then?!!! I have to be really tired to go to bed, otherwise I'm just lying there listening to the ring/hum in my head - enough to drive you scatty if you allowed it. I esp hate going to bed alone when OH is workin late cos at least when he's beside me his breathing distracts me from the noises inmy head!! Thing is it's entirely my own fault and the result of years and years of teenage discos (and adult ones :red: ) and walkman wearing at it's loudest :long:

That's what bf says to me, that I listen to my music too loud when I was younger, but nope, because I didn't get a bloomin head set until I was 18, and it only lasted for about 8 months. And living in a house with a brother and a sister as well as your parents, you have to be respectful of how loud you play your music on a stereo. And as for discos, I've only ever been to two in my life. Once was a local church thing, and the other was when my school won a take that competition.

But it's nice to know I'm not the only one driven insane by this Dreamy! It;s like, finally someone who understands! Last few nights I've resorted to a headset which gets all tangled around me while I sleep or falls of, or makes me sleep on my back all night cos when I roll over it digs in :blank: normally I would use my inner ear headphones, but they don't have a volume control on those, and the cheap headset does.

Sometimes the noise is quite pretty, musical even, but god can it drive ya nutty! :lol:

Well I'd never call it pretty, more annoying in my case!

I wonder how come you came to suffer from it given that you were not exposed to loud music...... ever been in close proximity to a gunshot? or an explosion? Honest I'm not joking! I thought you had to suffer eardrum damage to experience tinnitus. I clearly remember the night the big damage was done, the only spot on the dance floor was right beside the speakers and the music was so loud it actually made my ears itchy with the reverberations :roll: didn't make me sit down though :roll:

Do you mind me asking - is Moosick a spin on the word Music? :)

Sorta.. but if ya say it with a moo sound, and a Z instead of the s, it's the nick my dad gave me growing up.. And, well.. I used to play World of Warcraft and I was a cow.. so Moosick kinda fitted :lol: And I dunno why my dad called me it tbh, I never asked.

And nope to the gunshot and nope to an explosion. Noise damage is a high contributor but the main one. When I mentioned it to my doc she said she would send me for a hearing test. I never got one :roll: