The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

I've gone into new pattern overload!!!!

The Jean Greenhowe pattern books are what got me into knitting as a teenager. I still have the patterns - though I lost the front cover it was so well used. I used to knit the Humpty grandma and Grandpas ( think I still have a granpa that needs sewn up some where :) )

Ebay is great for patterns especially the older books for toys and dolls clothes.

I feel ebay calling me.... Oh no must ...be.. strong............... :ahhh:

Liz I also played with my brothers' action men and my Sindy was in the army!

:lol: thats funny!

Actually all my barbies dated action man, but my brother only had one so he had to date all of my barbies!! He was clearly a player :lol:

:lol: Dark I only had one Sindy and my brothers had loads of action men so my Sindy was a t@rt :cheese:

She liked going in the tanks and jeeps and I even had the lone rangers horse for her to ride on :-)

She was a bit bossy too with those action men, especially eagle eyes for obvious reasons :lol:

:lol: Dark I only had one Sindy and my brothers had loads of action men so my Sindy was a t@rt :cheese:

She liked going in the tanks and jeeps and I even had the lone rangers horse for her to ride on :-)

She was a bit bossy too with those action men, especially eagle eyes for obvious reasons :lol:

:lol: yep, our action man was whipped too! He had to do all the cleaning and make the beds and stuff in the barbie house and all the cooking too, whilst barbie used to go cruising in her camper van (oh I loved that van!!)

Funny enough his specialty was pink fluffy cakes! hehe :lol:

:lol: yep, our action man was whipped too! He had to do all the cleaning and make the beds and stuff in the barbie house and all the cooking too, whilst barbie used to go cruising in her camper van (oh I loved that van!!)

Funny enough his specialty was pink fluffy cakes! hehe :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My poor Sindy was a poor gal - only a dressing table, a wardrobe and a cardboard box for a house! She did have the horse though and as she used action man's wheels she got around! My brothers action men were useless domestically though but then this was in the 70's and they hadn't quite got the hang of the womens lib movement and independance. Mind you my Sindy didn't have any bras to burn :cheese:

I was a very lucky gal, (as was Barbie) because my daddy built my barbie house himself, it was a christmas present when I was about 8 I think, he furnished it and it has carpets and wallpaper and everything. I dont know what became of it, but I wish I had appreciated it as much then as I do now