The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
emmilou

magical monday!!!

Think we're all posting at the same time again - urgh a mouse! Gross! I do hope we don't have a dead one of those around!!!!

Oh and I don't think I've ever been a size 10, except for maybe when I was 10 years old :red:

Well admittedly they were always tight (though that was the general idea!) Once I get toned, I think I'll stop worrying about size and weight. It's just until I do, I feel like a hippo.

Just remembered OH is going for a beer after work with his stepdad (grrrr I really don't get on with him!) so plently of time for me to try and get at least one birthday sock finished, and treat myself to a nice glass of red.

Well Lauren I've always been on the bigger side of things but was fine with my loose size 16 until I stopped breastfeeding and then my weight bloomed up to an 18 although they're a bit loose too and this even more wobbly tum and bum just erupted! It was like middle age spread attacking me overnight! I've tried to diet and I'm fine for the first few weeks and even though I follow the diet after that I don't lose any just stay the same and then lose heart.

I just console myself with the thought that I walk everywhere and I have plenty of stamina so I'm fairly fit in that respect :cheese:

My OH is delayed due to flights and won't be home until after Ellie is in bed now so I'm a bit disappointed about that. Can't keep her up as she's flagging already!

I had to buy new suit trousers the other day and ended up getting a size 16, which shocked me as I've always been a 12 and thought I'd gone up one size, not two! I'm loving Sainsburys and QS at the moment as their sizes are quite big so I can get into their 12 tops, and 14 bottoms (12 at a push in QS!) More than happy to stay a 14 on the bottom and a 12 on top, provided I can tone up. I keep bumping into people I haven't seen for years and they all say how much better I look for having put weight on. Either they're all telling the truth or that's just a polite way of noticing that I've put on weight!! I think as long as you're fit and eat well, it doesn't really matter what size you are. I'm loving the idea of knitting my own clothes - no size labels in those!! Reckon I might put my own in - I've never worn a size 8 before ..... ;-)

Aw bless Ellie. The weather tends to tire kids out more when it's funny like this doesn't it?