The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

What do you most LIKE about knitting

Ohhhhh, yes the word "faddy" gets used with me and my various intolerances to nearly everything, along with the wearied 'look' that always accompanies comments like that. Grr, it makes me so cross, especially as I'm intolerant to all my favourite foods! How would they like it if they couldn't eat out without risking days of illness afterwards? Oh, plus the fact that being intolerant isn't as bad as allergic in most people's eyes, i.e. I'm not going to die from nuts, just suffer intolerably, which is fine by them! >:(

Back to knitting, I must admit I simply can't wait to get home tonight and have an enormous knitting fest. I do have to be careful I don't knit for too long at a time, but tonight I just want to go nuts with it! (ha ha, just read that back - don't worry I'm not intolerant to knitting yet! :lol: ) Do you ever get days like that when you just want to surround yourself with it and get all creative? A nice bit of needle clicking in front of the tennis - haven't seen any yet due to other stuff getting in the way - sounds like my idea of a fab evening! :cheese:

Yeah I must admit I keep using the word allergic when I really mean intolerant! Yep obviously its all in my mind when I eat something I think is fine, end up doubled over in agony then check the ingredients to find out there is something in there I shouldn't eat - obviously my subconscience was working overtime with that one!

I am becoming intolerant to knitting as it sets off a touch of "tennis elbow" forgive the pun! Or is it carpel tunnel? Anyway I suffer if I knit too hard too long :-S

Repetitive strain injury...arthritis slows me down. Use bamboo needles, they are slow to work with, at least it works for me.

Well my circulars are bamboo - maybe I should knit more with them :)

No doubt it will eventually become arthritis. Oh and I can sympathise with the prickly heat too although mine has confined itself to the back of my left hand only for some weird reason :-S

If I use steel needles, I go nuts and break my hands/wrists, so I turned my metal needles into bag handles that come out easily (in case I need them), and now use bamboo or LK freebies if they are light enough plastic.

Knit and Flea, I am with you on the "it doesn't kill you so so what?" scenario...your intolerable, unhealthy suffering is not death itself, so it must be all in your mind dear. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am becoming intolerant to knitting as it sets off a touch of "tennis elbow" forgive the pun! Or is it carpel tunnel? Anyway I suffer if I knit too hard too long

Hiya Su2ie, with you on that one, I get problems with my neck and shoulders. Sometimes they cramp up really badly, especially at night,.