The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
2belle

help please with downloading pics

Hmm - seems to be ok with .jpg but not JPG - ok - better use the Kodak rather than the Olympus to save having to change all the extensions.

2belle

On XP you can just rightclick the file name and choose rename and alter the capitals to lower case.

On Vista it's a bit more of a pain :down:

I use a free piece of software called Irfanview - you can download it from here.

You basically open the JPG in the programme using the 'file' menu and 'open' and then choose 'save as' from the file menu and save it wherever you want it to be and lo and behold - it changes to a jpg!!!

Maggie Eve is very helpful but I dont have a clue still how to do it I'm stuck ,not clever enough for vista it seems, so no pics from me till I get sorted. AAGGHHH! Isabelle

thanks Eve dont really know what to do but I will try what you say just learning computer! does this mean all my pics from my fuji and olympus will be JPG not jpg?

Not necessarily ... *2belle - stop running for the hills!* - it may also depend on the image processing programme you use as well.

I'll try and do an idiot's guide ( no disrespect :lol: )to using Irfanview so that you can see what to do step by step - it's quite simple really :-)

Well - just getting to the end of the guide on my laptop which runs Vista and lo and behold - the renaming doesn't work on Vista grrr!

Wish I had my iBook back :down:

I think the only solution for those of us on Vista is to convert .JPGs to .pngs - no confusion then ...

Don't panic 2belle - it's dead simple :-)

Back with the guide soon :-)