The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
ickle pickle

Slow cooker recipes anybody?

That would be fab, Shirley!!

I've ordered a book that should come in the next few days hopefully!

I've used my slow cooker twice this week, for the first time- the results were two amazing meals!

i made a beef and red wine casserole one night and a chicken and bacon casserole another. Both had quite a few ingredients, but very simple and the meat was sooooooo tender!!

My OH who was dubious about whether we'd use this or not (it's well seeing that I make most of the dinners ready for his return from work isn't it?! Lol) is now totally sold after just two simple meals! Result!!

Fi

x

That is great news Fi.

We used to set the cooker as we went to work.

Now that we are retired, we are able to set it up before we go out for the day.

We then arrive back to the wonderful smell of a meal ready and home cooked!

Beef in red wine and chicken and bacon sound brilliant.

No wonder he is conveted.

It is fabulous to come home to the smell of an amazing meal isn't it!

I was a bit apprehensive about leaving it when we were both out at work, but I've been reassured it isn't an issue! It certainly wasnt a problem this week and it was so nice not to have to come in and make dinner after a long day at work!

I cant believe I've managed without for so long lol

Fi

x

I really want a slow cooker but OH says it's just an excuse so I can stay on the forum longer rather than cook meals :-S

As I don't eat meat I thought it would be great to cook up batch meals for OH & freeze them. Is this what some of you do?

x

I was flicking through a slow cooker recipe book in Borders last night whilst being proded and wacked over the head by Pickles and his play pirate sword :-/ so I didn't get chance to see just how but it had a recipe for slow cooker lasagne :-S never, ever would have thought of that. Has anybody tried it or have the recipe?

Hi all

I bought my slow cooker a few months back and I tell you, it is the best thing ever, I really don't know what I would do without it now. I use it once or twice a week and whatever I make always lasts 2 nites. I have made chicken and beef curries, chilli, ras el hanout, bean hot pot, bolognese with spicy italian sausage, basically whatever I have lying around in the cupboard/fridge.

I put my slow cooker on when I go to my bed at nite as I get cheaper electricity then, also it means that when I switch it off in the morning the food marinades even longer until T time. I always like my food better the second day so leaving it longer the first day works just as well.

I bought a ham hough this week thinking of making a lentil type soup with it in the slow cooker sometime this month, will let you know how it goes.

Keep slow cookering away......................

Sel :)